Illinois Mutual, a small insurance company who had been using the PXTS as part of their selection process for higher level positions wanted to know how to take the PXTS into coaching their leaders. Set up prior to the annual review, the PXTS is administered to those managers who have not taken it and used as part of their new one-on-one coaching and developmental planning session with their boss. As a result, the PXTS leadership and coaching reports bring objectivity and a safer, richer discussion with their leader regarding areas to develop.
HR wanted a more consistent and formalized approach for executive leaders to use when discussing developmental planning for their managers.
Since the PXTS is a lifecycle tool that can follow an applicant throughout their career and has 13 reports to help you do this, we suggested four reports that would support a developmental coaching process:
- PXTS Individual Report for the incumbent,
- PXTS Coaching Report for the manager,
- PXTS Employee-Manager Report for the manager, and
- PXTS Leadership Report for the manager.
To prepare we had to IDENTIFY
- # of managers/supervisors to be coached using the PXTS (HR)
- # of managers/supervisors who have completed the PXTS (Consultant)
- Email & phone contact list of all coaching managers w/ job title and dept (HR)
- Meter Cost Proposal (Consultant)
Implementation steps were as follows:
- KICK-OFF presentation to orient coachees to assessment and new development process
- Develop PXTS profiles for Manager, AVP, and VP
- Assess all managers, AVPS, and VPs
- Provide presentation to coaches regarding assessment reports and how to conduct the coaching session
- GO-LIVE with Manager Interpretation Support and periodic pattern validation
This implementation is in process at this time. Stay Tuned.